Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nursery Update!

Well, the nursery has been an ongoing source of joy/stress for Nathan and I. For those of you who cannot just swing by, here is the latest...

This is Brody's crib and his pal the giraffe. Dale (Clare, Jane & Sydney's grandmother) tells me all giraffes are named Stanley, so meet Stanley!

Here is the changing table and his yet-to-be named Monkey.

Here is the bookshelf. Brody is going to be a reader, like his mom!

Finally, here is the infamous rocking chair. After MONTHS (literally four months) of agony, the rocker is in place and covered in the correct fabric. I am so happy with the way it turned out.
Many of you have had questions about the animals on the walls. The giraffe and monkey are vintage wallpaper that have been laser cut into animal shapes. I love the way grandma's ugly old floral wallpaper makes really cute spots for a modern, hip giraffe! Nathan and I had a "fun" evening with wallpaper glue and a brush getting these critters on the walls. Hopefully one day Brody will appreciate the effort...or at least you guys will like it!

There are just a few finishing touches left...some pictures that need to be framed and hung, etc. and then we will be all finished. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice throughout this process!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Very cute. So glad to see the pictures. Clare will be thrilled that someone else knows who "Stanley" is!

Brad Knapp said...

I look forward to reading this. A professor of mine from college has kept a blog for her son, and it is wildly entertaining. Might give you some ideas: http://www.liamgm.blogspot.com/

Brad

Anonymous said...

It looks perfect! I think we might have to hire you out for ours! We can't wait to meet Brody!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog and I am 21. Brody is still in the negatives and his seem to be coming along nicely. . . I feel very behind.